Fashion Politics:

What does this word mean to me anyway? Both my family and friends do note how I mind fashion. Whether I am having a peculiar style or trying hard at it—the point is, it is obvious that I do mind fashion. But why give a fuss about it? Most people would just want to simplify life and not have to mind how they clothe themselves. After all, if they feel good about themselves, especially those “laggard” in fashion, they would rather be passive about it. So why mind this shenanigan?
Fashion is up to date a multi-billion dollar industry. I guess the world knows this fact. But this tells us something. The world is becoming vainer? Laughing out loud at the automatism of the simple Jane in answering this way, I’d note. But, ok, maybe it is. However, hate to burst some narcissist’s bubbles, but vanity could not boast the post as the major contributor to this massive industry.
How about look at it this way: people are actually becoming more and more aware of their self-worth. Yes. They understand that to gain respect and true confidence; they got to have more self-respect. And when they begin to love themselves more, this give them satisfaction beyond anyone could make them feel. So it is self-worth not vanity, I daresay, which is the main benefactor of this “glamazons” industry. Well, this is how I see and feel about Fashion.
Just consider those big billed celebrities during the Oscars, Emmy’s, and other related activities. I don’t think they would spend so many moolas on fashion consultants if they were just after those fashion police (E-Access, OK! magz) rates. I would say they understand that dressing well does express how much they respect and love themselves. Not to mention, in the process they also get to inspire us and show our dreams or fantasies come to life. That is real glam. Of course, let us not forget as well those diplomats, politicians, and tycoons. How much they spend on image consultants?!.
Anyway, I would also like to add that the mesmerizing world of fashion could not for a long time give excuses to those "laggard" & "nonsensical" in fashion. Someone’s got to give, right? Everyone needs a fashion style; for everyone is a somebody to someone else—even if it is just to him/herself at first. And that’s right; fashion does not have to be expensive, grandiose, or even extravagant. It just has to be seemly with one’s value. Fashion politics is the "style" one believes in and stands for. This simple.
Thank you for your time. Spread the glam & love-*


No comments:
Post a Comment